Some Moore Cats Postcard Photo Contest
Visit the Winners' Gallery and send one of the winning photos as a postcard!
Hey Kitties! Wanna be in pictures? Well, in picture postcards, anyway? If your answer is yes, then you've come to the purrfect place! Read on...
You can submit your entry to our monthly Some Moore Cats Postcard Photo Contest. Then, if your photo was the winner for the month, you'll be featured in our Some Moore Cats Postcard Center Winners' Gallery! So, come on and enter....what've you got to lose?!
So, what do I have to do?
All you do is Click Here to submit your photo to us for inclusion in the next contest. Then tell all your friends to come vote for you! (You can use the "Tell a Friend" link convienently located in the menu bar to the left and in the drop down menu in the upper right hand corner of this page.)
NOTE: The past polls will remain for historical purposes and for your viewing pleasure. However, I doubt there will be any future contests at this site. The last contest, back in 2003, was just prior to a death in my family and, following that, I just lost the interest in really maintaining the site.
Are there any rules?
Well, there are a few...
Please note that, while this contest is in fun, we take failure to follow our rules regarding voting very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules before entering or voting in our contest.
- We only accept cat photos. Photos of anything or anyone else without a cat in it will be rejected.
- We do accept photos with multiple cats in the picture as well as photos with cats and another species.
- Any photograph of any animal which appears as though it might be
in danger or that in any way promotes, suggests, or condones cruelty to animals will be immediately disqualified.
- Entries received after the 25th of the month will not be included in the next month's contest, but will be held over to the following month.
- Pictures must be in a .jpg or .gif format and must be no larger than 80KB. Pictures larger than 640 x 480 are discouraged but will be accepted if they meet the 80K requirement.
- Each contest will begin at the first of the month and continue till the end of the month.
- The winner will be announced and all contest participants notified by email during the first week following the contest's end.
- Only one entry per cat in each contest. We know you have LOTS of great pics, but only one per contest, please. More than one cat in a household can enter the same contest; however, there's only one winner so you would be competing against each other.
- The first 10 entries received will be entered in the contest. All others may resubmit for the following month's contest.
- Past winners will be ineligible from entering future contests for a period of six (6) months. After that time, feel free to enter again!
- If a kitty has not been a winner in the past six months, there is no limit to the number of contests he/she may enter. If you don't win one month, then submit your entry again!
How many times can I vote?
- You may only vote once per 24 hours in each contest. (edited June 17, 2003)
- Your email address must be VALID as you will need to confirm your vote by clicking on the link in the email you receive.
- Vote tracking methods are in place so that you may only vote once every 24 hours.
- Suspicious votes will be removed or the contestant for whom the votes were cast disqualified at the discretion of the contest owner. (Added June 17, 2003)
- Taking advantage of "unfair" internet access (access to a server or dedicated line to which the typical user/contestant would not have access, thus resulting in an unfair advantage) to cast multiple votes per day will result in disqualification with no option for removal of votes instead. (Added June 17, 2003)
So what do we get if my kitty wins?
To view all polls, current, expired, and pending, Click Here.
Submit Your Photo for Our Next Contest Now!